14 November 2005
To Blog, or not to Blog.....
that seems to be the question! As it's been said already on a couple different blogs, all kinds of different people blog for all kinds of different reasons. Some people turn it into a popularity contest, some people are hoping to be discovered, some people use it as a personal diary, some people even use it as a tool for pictures and stories to keep connected to family and friends.

I started blogging more as a diary kinda thing, then I thought it was more of a tool to stay in touch with family and friends that are away, but now that I actually think about why I come here everyday... I think it's many things rolled up, yanno?

Blogging does relax me, if there is something really eating at me, I will write it down here for the world to see, so it's kinda a diary. I do use my blog as a tool to stay in touch with family and friends that are away. I even use my blog to get a chuckle (and hopefully provide one) here and there, but I think mostly I blog to reflect on the little things in life. Even if I don't actually write a post about those little things, when I open this up, I do think about them. I think about the simple things in life, that to me, make life worth living. The sleepy, gentle hug I get as I get my lil one up from her nap everyday. The "Hi, Mom!" I get when each of my kids walk through the door in the afternoon from school. The gentle kiss and "How was your day?" that I get from my hubby as he gets home everyday. The nudges that I get from each of my dogs just before they lay their head on my lap after they eat, they're little way of saying "Thanks for dinner!". Don't get me wrong, there are the days that I take those things for granted, probably more often than what I'd like to admit.

So I use this blog as a tool to keep myself in check. To take myself out of the hustle and bustle of everyday goings-on and make sure that I do reflect on those "little things", and stay thankful for them.

 
posted by Melis at 11:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: