25 October 2005
A day with the Doc
And it DID feel like a day, too! But I'll back track just a bit... My morning started out pretty well. Up around 7ish, everyone in a pretty decent mood, including me (which is rare, I just don't do mornings!). Called my "old" (the only one I can ever remember having... since age one) Doc office to see about picking up medical records on the four of us to take with me to the "new" Doctor. Hmmm.... office girls are there, but office won't be "open" until 1230... not good! But alas... they love me, and tell me to just knock on the window, and they'll let me in! Reason 2 gazillion 47 why I'm hating to leave there! Get the records, chat for a few, or I should say, Rach chatted for a few! LOL Still have a little time to burn before picking up Chels from school to have her rash looked at along with Rach's well baby check up, so go out by Mom's. Highlight of my day, and things went down hill fast from there!

Leave Mom's, make the long drive back to the school to pick her up by 130. Get there in plenty of time! Yippie! Leave the school, and then realize that I actually picked her up too early! Appointments aren't until 145.... IN TIME! Ugggg!! So..... going by home to burn a little time. Get to the office at 120 (IN), before my recommended time of 130 to do some paperwork as the girls are "new patiences" and need to be put in the system. So... we're there, and I'm doing that. 25 minutes later....we're done! This chicky was sooooo slow! Ugggg! So, now we wait to be called... thank God that only took a couple minutes as the lil one is getting ever so impatient! LOL

So now we're in the little room (eta 150...remember this!), the nurse goes through and asks all the routine questions about Chels, weighs her, see how tall she is, ect., then does the same with Rach. One down... Doctor to go! About 15 minutes go by.. and there she is!!! YIPPIE! Starts with Chels, asks her some questions about her rash, asks her to see it.... SHINGLES! My (almost) 13 yo has SHINGLES! Ugggg!! Not only are the Doc and myself surprised, but the other two Doctors that are in that office must have been shocked at the news, too, cuz a couple minutes later... they are in there wanting to see the "FREAK"! (as I so graciously called her in front of the three of them!) he he

So now we're on to Rach, and her well baby checkup. She does a very thorough evaluation on her (I was impressed)! Asks me about what she can and can't do... I proceed to tell her... All her ABC's, counts to about 13, running, jumping, skipping, clothes off, most clothes on (including shoes and socks... pants with both legs in the same leg hole), ect. The things I didn't think of, my older daughter chimmed in with. To which she replies..... "You're baby daughter is following in Einstien's footsteps!" Well, ok! Not exactly... but she did say "she's at AT LEAST a 3 yo level... and more like a 4 yo with some things!" **insert big cheesy proud Momma gring here**

Then she looks at her shot records, and long story short there... needs FOUR! Yes, you read right.... FOUR!! However, they can so kindly combine two of them... so ONLY three pricks! Ugggggggggg! So she leaves the room with the words "the nurse will be here in a minute to give her the shots..." A half hour later, and without big Sister to help occupy the lil one in the little tiny sauna of a room, the nurse... no, TWO nurses come in to give her the shots. They will both stab her in each of her tiny, lil bitty thighs at the same time... while I hold her down on the table! Uggggggg!! I hate when they have to have shots! She did really well though.. only yelled at them once "Stop it! Don't hurt me!!!" Then we were done, I stood her up, and she was excited to see her new band-aids! LOL And it's only 345!! Now think back to when I told you to remember our eta INTO the lil tiny sauna of a room!

Then, finally, home to fix dinner and get son to practice by 6 (MI... 5 IN time). I did pull it off (still don't know how!) and managed to nap in my truck for about 20 minutes while he was practicing. Kinda, sorta on accident.. he he I tipped my seat back, cranked the heat on high, blowing right on me, and the next thing I knew, he was at the door saying "Mom... wake up! It's time to go home!" LOL Gotta love those "accidental" naps... that are RARELY gotten! **Yawn** I hope that ya'll had a better... or less eventful day than I did! :)

 
posted by Melis at 11:44 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:28:00 AM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    man what a day....how come you changed dr,s if u liked the old one??..just curoius..

    shingles, has she had chicken pox? my hubby had shingles about 3 years ago....i guess it is super painfull..

    hope your duahgter recovers fast from that...prpoably no school for her now huh?

     
  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    I didn't have a choice because of dh's insurance. It was either change and have coverage, or stay and have nothing. They don't even just dock you for being out of network, you just have 0 coverage.

    Yes, she had chicken pox when she was little (about 3 I think). And yes! Her complaining of it hurting was what made me take her in with us.

    It's one of those things that has a set course (like C.Pox), and she's about half way through it now. She can still go to school, cuz it's on her back and side/stomach area... so nothing that exposed, therefore, can't give it.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Mandi

    Wow, what a day. I hate going to the doctor's office with my kids. Don't they realize that the children will scream if they are cooped up in those little rooms???

     
  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    I don't think in all my life I'd stayed in one of those lil rooms as long as I did yesterday! And I know that it had never gotten as "sauna like" as this one did! Uggggg!! The lil one did really really well considering! :)

     
  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:53:00 PM, Blogger momma of 2

    Glad it went well - too bad you had to wait soooo long... I hate it when that happens.