18 October 2005
Yesterday...


was very interesting to say the least! I was sooo tired by the time we made it back home last nite that it was all I could do to throw Maxine up here! LOL I still can't believe that I forgot about her yesterday morning! I guess just goes to show how much a "morning person" I am not!

Anyway... back to yesterday. We arrived up there half hour early, so we just all sat in the auditorium and waited. Then when the other schools arrived (finally!) we got started. The kids had five pieces of music, that they'd only looked at once! The music ambassador for the state of Michigan is who was there to work with these kids... all day! And all day it was! Those kids stood on risers from noon until 420, took a 10 minutes break for a snack, then back to it until 630. At 7 pm they put on a concert with this music that they hadn't sung once before today. They were FANTABULOUS!! I'd never seen anything like it before, it was extremely intense work these kids did, and the music wasn't easy stuff to say the least either! Once song was in Spanish, and one was in Latin. Two of the other pieces had rather advanced dynamics, but they pulled it off just the same! You would have thought these kids had been working on these pieces for weeks, they were that good.

The whole day/evening went off without a hitch! All the kids were great, the concert was great, everything went almost too smoothly, ya know? Until.... I left my daughter's backback with her 1st hour books and homework on the bus! Yes! You read right, I did it! I'm hoping that she didn't have any problems this morning. I did write her a note for her 1st hour teacher telling him what I did just in case she couldn't get ahold of her backpack before then. Uggggg! Leave it to Mom! LOL

 
posted by Melis at 12:26 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments: