17 December 2005
Busy Day
I've gotta tell ya'll that I HATE HATE HATE not being able to drive my truck! The tires on my truck are pushin out of the rims on the inside which is, obviously, not a good thing. So there it sits, waiting every so patiently for us to get new tires. Then in the mean time, I have to figure out alternate ways of getting my older two kids where they need to be when they need to be there when hubby is still at work! I would love to see him do, and deal with, this kind of shit on any given day! Grrrrrrrrrr!

So today was the Christmas Party on my Dad's side of the family. And when I say "his side", I mean EVERYONE! Grandmother, all the Aunts & Uncles, all the cousins, their kids, and grandkids, and of course, the couple of friends that some of the younger kids bring along. We usually have this function at a hall, and would have this year as well, but when we all got there, we found out the the stupid people don't know how to schedule things, and double book the hall! Stupid, stupid people. So all in our cars we drove over to my Uncles house. Which use to be my Grandma's house, and wasn't really big enough to hold everyone when I was a kid, let alone now that myself and all my counsins are grown with families of our own (some with Grandkids themselves already)!! So it was cramped, but a good time was still had by all! I'm too tired tonite to throw pics up, but I'll try to do it tomorrow. No promises though, cuz I have another busy day then too. Hubby has to work, kids have a play at Church that they HAVE TO BE AT (oldest daughter is "Mary" in the play, son is the "head angel"... so I've scrambled once again being without my truck. Hope ya'll are having a relaxing, enjoyable weekend! Till tomorrow....

 
posted by Melis at 11:08 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:10:00 AM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    that sucks that the over booked the hall..see if that would of been me and my family..we would of kicked the other people out!!

    cant wait to see some pics..todya is my big concert at church..whoppiee

    ;)

     
  • At Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:28:00 PM, Blogger momma of 2

    Sorry about the tires and the hall being overbooked - they both suck...but you made the best of the hall being booked - I totally understand the house not being big enough. and I thought ours was small with just 5 extra people.

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 8:01:00 AM, Blogger Mandi

    I totally feel your pain about the vehicle. We are going on week 3 without a second car which makes getting children to and from school very interesting! We can be strong together!!!

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 10:48:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    where the bloody heck are you..

    U have MIA for 2 days now..I may have to come hunt u down

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:45:00 AM, Blogger Amy

    That sucks to hear about your truck. Why do things always happen at the busiest time?

     
  • At Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Melis

    Christina - Pics are up finally! LOL And how'd YOUR big concert go?? Anyone give you knitted towels as gifts afterwards?? LOL

    Momma - Yeah, we always do make the best of things! I'm glad that the whole family is that way! :)

    Mandi - Thanks girly! I'll take your strength when I have no more! And you can have mine on my good days! :)


    Al - Amen there, girly! Can't be when nothing is going on! Grrrr!