14 December 2005
Today... mumbling's
In case you didn't see my blinkie over yonder, I LOVE music! And I've passed that on to all three of my kids. There's hardly a time that there's not music on somewhere. Even the lil one prefers the kids shows that are centered around music, and if they aren't on, we've either got the radio on during the day, or CMT watching videos. I usually don't get the opportunity to snap a pic of them without one of them freaking out cuz they're acting silly... but I was able to tonite! So here's a peepin Tom's view of what my Family Room looks like on any given nite!



Now onto a rather strange call I received tonite on my cell. I'm driving (slowing, cuz the roads are ALL ICE) to the store to pick up some black pants and a white shirt for my son for his band concert tomorrow, when my phone starts ringing (well, actually, Charlie Daniels starts singing "The Devil Went Down to Georgia). I debate weither or not to answer the damn thing, cuz I'm fixin to go through two sets of "S" curves... but, I can't stand to not know who calls me, so I do. And this is the conversation (or part of) that transpired:

Me: Hello?
Ex: Hey, Whatcha doin'?
Me: I'm just on my way to the store to get Danny some clothes for his concert tomorrow, what's up?
Ex: I just wanted to thank you!!
Me: Ummmmmm... for what? I know I'm wonderful and all, but what are you thanking me for?
Ex: Well, for being a fantastic ex-wife, and not starting shit with me all the time, or dragging me into court every other week like most of the guys I work with.
Me: Well, not everyone can be as lucky as you to have someone like me in their life!
Ex: Yes, I know. I just wanted to call you and say thank you!

Ok... WTH?! I did tell him that he needs to remember this the next time something rubs him the wrong way and he gets shitty with me! And I also reminded him that it wasn't beyond me to be a bitch! (believe it or not.. I really can be a bitch! I know! Hard to believe! he he) I'm still a little dumb founded by this whole conversation. LOL The only thing that I can figure is that one of his buddies got yanked into court and their CS raised. Which... even though I KNOW I'm entitled to a raise in support every three years, I've never done. The ex loves his money more than anything, always has, always will... so I quite honestly don't want anything to do with it! I know! Sounds dumb. But the in depth explanation to THAT is a whole other post! :) Happy Hump Day!

 
posted by Melis at 10:03 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    ok that is the most adoreable picutre..your kids are too stinking cute...and the lil one..she reminds me of my lil one..love them:)

    and your x...hmm....is he dieing??

    well at least he is being civil..thats a plus...

    but my parents divorce was nice...they still get along..which is nice..

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Christina - Thanks for the compliment! They are just too damn cute, aren't they?! he he The ex... Hmmmm.. I wish! He's still not gotten around to taken me off as beneficiary! LOL We do get along pretty well now.. but then again, it could have only went up from where we were... whole other story! :)

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Amy

    I love it! Dance Party USA!

    My daughter does the same thing, every night she tells me, "Mama I want to dance - play my song, please!" Her current song is a Dora one, but she loves my music, too! (The please usually comes after I ask for it - of course!)

    That was nice of your Ex, whether his intentions were to kiss-up or not, doesn't matter - he didn't need to make the call to compliment you, but he did!

    How long have you been divorced?

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Al - Kids are just too damn cute when they're little! :) We split up 6 yrs ago, officially divorced 5, but we stayed legally married so that he could filed married on taxes and get more money back one more year (everything money with him), but we were NOT together! I've been remarried for 4 years the end of this month.

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:20:00 PM, Blogger momma of 2

    The kids look great - take the niceness from the ex - very few every admit it.

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Momma - Thanks! And believe me, I'm not only taking it... I'm running with it, then saving it for use at a later date! HE HE