04 January 2006
Welcome to Parenthood! *update*
So let's recap! Saturday afternoon was when she started with the raspy voice/cough. Sat evening I called the Doc, she told me to take her into the ER. We did that... and 5 1/2 hours, a breathing treatment (that she screamed through), chest xrays (that were clear), and a shot later, we came home. I asked them a FEW times if there were going to give her meds to take for the conjustion she had, or if there was an OTC that they wanted me to give her to help her out, and all I got was No, No, No. I was very hopeful that the breathing treatment and/or shot would have helped her out at least SOME. (I'm sure you can see where THIS is going!) No luck! No change in her at all! So we hold out over the long holiday with the tears, sleepless nites, and fighter a fever (the office won't be open until Tuesday).

Finally TUESDAY IS HERE! And now I AM SICK! :( I call first thing in the morning to get her in there, and the earliest they have is 11:45, not first thing, but I'll take it! So I get myself, the older two, and Rach around and ready to go a little after 11 (made sure I got something in Rach for lunch), and we're off! Finally! Someone that will do what they're suppose to do in a more timely fashion! So we get to the doctors office at approx 1135, and we wait..... and we wait.... And Rach is getting restless, but we wait some more. It's about 1215 now, and my son notices a sign on the front of the front desk "Closed for lunch from 1230-130". Oh yeah! And even though they were behind... THEY REALLY ALL WENT AND HAD LUNCH! They were nice enough to put myself, the lil TERRIBLY SICK one, and my two older kids in a little room to finish our wait at about 1255, wasn't that nice of 'em?! So, lunch is over, Doc comes in, I tell her everything that's transpired thus far, AND tell her that I thought the ER docs were STUPID for not even checking out her nose, or conjustion.. She agrees with me, gives me two different scripts for her, and we're off... at about 215. Getting us home at about 230.

Run to get her scripts (which we still don't have insurance for), then the rest of my evening with her goes like this (you'll see a lil OCD come out here).

345 - 101.3 .5 tsp Donatussin, 1 tsp. Motrin
715 - 102.4 .5 tsp Donatussin, .5 tsp Albuterol *called Doc
745 - 101.9
815 - 102.5 to bed
910 - 102.7 was back up appox. 830
1015- 104.2 1 tsp Motrin *called Doc
1055- 104.1 1 tsp Tylnol
1100- cool bath (approx 20 mins), to bed (1125)
1205- 103.2 back up *called doc
110 - 100.9
310 - 102.3
**she slept from about 500-800**
800 - 103.0 .5 Donatussin, 1 tsp Tylnol, 1 tsp Tylnol
915 - 100.6 *called Doc
**FINALLY GETTING HER TO DRINK SOMETHING... YIPPIE! FLUIDS!**
1130- 98.5 ate a little bit, drank a little bit, laying her down for a nap!

And here's the heart wrenching lil face that I kept staring into through the nite. You can just SEE that she's teribly sick. No, she's not crying.. that's just how "glassy" her poor little eyes are. The first pic is candid (that as opened as her eyes got), the second one I had her look at me, and told her to "open her eyes real big". Just completely RIPS MY HEART OUT!





Hopefully we'll stay on the same track today as this morning, keep the normal temp, keep up with her actually taking her meds for me, and the fluids and eating! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! And now Mommy is going to lay down. Oh yeah! Did I mention not only am I sick (holdin a temp of about 102), no sleep, BUT... that my dear 'ol Aunt Flo decides to stop in for a visit?! Oh yeah! Life just couldn't get better...

*~Melis~*
 
posted by Melis at 12:21 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Chic - Thanks girly! I'll take all the "Get well wishes" I can get my hands on!! And I know what you mean about that pic! I was literally in TEARS last nite!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:33:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    awww, poor lil rachel...she looks so pathtic mom...the glassy look in her eye, flush cheeks..yup that is one sick baby girl..

    I hope you told the dr thank you for the free office call..I mean, its only right after making you wait while their asses had lunch..

    i have done that more than once..told them thanks for the free office call, when I had to wait like that without thier being an emergnecy..assholes

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:36:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Christina - Oh yeah! In my sleepy sickness I forgot to tell ya'll how when she came into the room and said "Sorry about the wait", I said "Oh, no problem! We've only been waiting with a EXTREMELY SICK 2 YO FOR TWO HOURS!!!" Yeah.. you should have seen the look on her face!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Mandi

    There is nothing more gut wrenching than having a sick child and being able to do absolutely nothing!!!! Hang in there!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Candi - Yeah, I know what you mean, breaks mine as well. And thank you for the Happy Anniversary! :) And you're more than forgiven for not remembering, you're kinda a little ways away! lol

    Samantha - Oh let me tell ya, I did MORE than my share of crying throughout last nite!! Words just can not discribe the helplessness I felt, and being sick myself I'm sure didn't help in that area any! Thanks for the well wishes girly!

    Mandi - Thanks girl! You're sooo sooo right! I hate it when any of my kids are sick, but just something more when they're that little!!

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:18:00 AM, Blogger CozyMama

    awh poor little thing, hope she is better soon. I am very surprised to see her with a pacifier.....i am slowy getting Carter off of his....it is rough.

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Melis

    HT - Thanks girl! And I tell ya... I can't wait until 'ol Aunt Flo leaves on her perm vacation! GEESH!

    Jodes - Thanks for the well wishes! She doesn't normally have a pacifier, that's her last one that I saved (have all the kids), and she only has it cuz she was so miserable. But a 2 yo with 104 temp... who wouldn't do whatever to make them as comfy as possible?! :)

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:13:00 PM, Blogger CozyMama

    yeah I figured that is what you did.

    for once word veri is funny
    foofh