27 February 2006
Happy Birthday... and more


To my darling love of my life! Yeppers! Today my hubby hit's the BIG.... 2 9! LOL Yeah, he's just a baby! And yes! He hatessss it when I say that to him! But he always knows I mean it in the nicest way possible! he he I truely hope that even though it's a Monday, that he had an incredibly wonderful day today, he truly deserves it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!!! HSB, F & A!!!

Tomorrow will be a busy, but fun day! :) My daughter is in choir (and the honors choir) and they have their Choir Festival tomorrow. I went along for their workshop to help out as a chaperone and my daughter came home last week and told me that her instructor asked her if I would mind chaperoning again for this trip. It's one thing to volunteer to do this stuff for my kids, but I have to admit that it's so flattering to be requested to do it! :) It's going to be a long day, starting at about 530 am *yawwwnnn* (I'm sooo NOT a morning person), and we won't return to the school until until the end of the school day (around 3). Then my daughter has an orthodontist appt that we'll have to leave for around 430, my son has Drama Club (yes! right where he needs to be! LOL) that gets over at 5, then they will be going with their Dad tomorrow nite for the last local woman's college game of the year. So although my day is packed full, the kids' day is even fuller! They will be exhausted by the time they get home tomorrow nite. It exhausts me just thinking about it! LOL

On to other things. I'm contimplating making an outlandish purchase... a Dyson. What do ya'll think about those?? I've read, and read, and read some more about those damn things, and I still have yet to come across a bad thing said about 'em, other than the price. But even with that issue, every consumer review that I've read has stated "Well worth every penny! I'd spend the money again!" Ya'll must know by now that I am just a little bit of a neat freak at times (did anyone but me notice in my stove pic that my counter tops shined?! LOL), and this damn Dyson I've been wanting for a long, long time... I just don't know if I can justify the price. Let me know what ya'll think!

I'll be sure to let ya'll know how tomorrow goes, and how well the kids did at their festival! :)

Until then...
 
posted by Melis at 11:50 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:12:00 AM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    well happy b-day to the hubby...he is a baby..haha

    dyson, thats a cool vacume right?...rock on girl..lemme borrow it though;)

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:29:00 PM, Blogger CozyMama

    happy b-day to Jason and GOD YES get the DYSON. best 400 and some bucks I ever spent. you will be amazed at what comes out of your carpet. if you do get it, vacumm with the old one and then do it again with the dyson, you will be so grossed out and think oh my GOD i have been living in this filth?

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Bossy - Yes, he is! LOL And yes, IT is... LMAO!! You know that I'll share with ya girly.. just stop by and borrow it! :)

    Chic - Thanks! Oh girly... if Central is my D R E A M!!! If I had central, I wouldn't even think of it! LOL I did enjoy the moments today, too! Thanks!

    Jodi - Thanks for the Bday wishes!! As far as using the old one first then the Dyson... ummmm, you must forget how obsessive I am girl! LOL I vacuum on avg three times a.... DAY! So I would do that regardless! lmao

    Thanks to ya'll for the Birthday wishes for hubby! I'll be sure to pass them along! :)

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Kendra Lynn

    Wow...vacuuming three times a day??? You gotta be kidding me! I thought my mom was obsessive vacuuming once a day.
    Whew.
    I'm lucky to vacuum once every other week. LOL Thankfully my kids are pretty neat and my dog doesn't shed.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Fantastagirl

    Wish the hubby Happy b-day from all of us in Gothom City!

    I don't have a dyson - so I dont' know if it's worth it or not.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    I hope the day went well. I want a Dyson, too, but have been deterred by the cost as well - let me know how it goes...

     
  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Kendra - Not everyday.. but most of 'em! Usually the weekends get a little more neglected. LOL

    FG - I will do that girly! Thanks!

    Chic - The ones here will run me either $549 or $599 + tax. And I've had 5-6 since about 91, ranging from 70-80 to 150. I'm hoping that IF I get a Dyson, that will be it! LOL

    Al - I will be sure to to a "review" on it IF I get one! LOL And I'll post about the day yesterday and today later on tonite when I have more time! (It did go well!) :)