06 February 2006
Just have to...
BRAG! LOL I thought maybe ya'll would like to know just how my big day turned out, so I'm gonna tell ya! he he I did have a wonderful day. Darlin' hubby let me sleep in, and made me breakfast in bed waking me at 10 am, which turned out a wonderful thing because I had to be at the church for parent/teacher at 11 am!! Whew! Barely made THAT! lol It was the my older two's weekend with their Dad, but we're both pretty good at switchin things around with the kids so I brought them home with me after that for them to spend my big day here with me. Then at 2 my Mom and Dad came over to celebrate my day with me as well. Have I ever mentioned just how completely wonderful and damn near perfect my parents are?? *big grin*

So we did the gift opening (I did WELL!), and cake eating, that my Mom had my girls make while she had them for a couple hours on Sat, and it was DELISH! I think my daughters already make frosting better than I do! LOL I know ya'll well enough to know that you'd want PICS of all my goodies, so I gathered them all up (except two) and here it is...



Starting from the back, from left to right: My homemade card from my daughter, my crockpot from hubby and the kids, my bunny (yes, I'm a bunny freak!) from my sons personal stuffed animal collection, my homemade card from my son, card made by hubby, choker made by my two older kids, bracelet made by my son, ring from my parents (I'll explain that one when I'm done, e m o t i o n a l!!!), card made by hubby from him and the kids, and card made by my parents. The things that aren't shown in the picture are (oops! I meant three) a deepfryer from hubby and the kids (he's getting me a different one), pj's (that I'm wearing) from hubby, and the movie "Greese" (by special request from me) from my parents. Told ya I did well!!

Ok, about the ring I received. On my mother's 40th Birthday we threw her a big bash and the highlight of that party was when my mother opened the gift from my Busia (grandmother in Polish)... it was my Busia's engagement ring!! I knew that I would receive that ring (I'm tearing up just thinking about it again...dammit!), but I never expected to receive it now, I thought I'd get it for my 40th Bday like my Mom did! It was a completely wonderful surprise!!! In the card that she gave me with the movie, she wrote "Don't cry over your gifts", which I didn't really understand when I first read it, as she waited until I was "done" opening everything to give me that. I knew as soon as I seen the box in her hand what it was, and I BALLED right then and there!

So there ya have it... my big day in a nut shell! LOL I wish as wonderful a day for each and everyone of you on your "big days"!

Until then....

::EDIT:: I completely forgot to tell ya'll that hubby and the kids surprised me with taking me out to eat at the new restaurant up in town! DUH! So you can add that to my already long list! LOL
 
posted by Melis at 11:38 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments: