01 February 2006
ok...Ok..OK! LOL
So instead of responding to each of ya'lls DEMANDS to see the picture of the gifts I made, I'll just respond here. Yes, I know how to crop a pic (ahem, Samantha), yes, I know I can put boxes over their heads, black them out, and every other conceivable thing that ya'll thought of. I was just being lazy and didn't wanna do it! LOL

I'm not sure that I did tell ya'll what it was I made, but I know that I said I was making them a couple things. LOL The first thing that I made (on the right in the pic) was a "Daddy's Diaper Tool Belt" for the Daddy to be. It was a belt with pouches, like waitresses wear, and it was filled with diapers, wipes, lotion, powder, tonges (cuz Daddy's don't like to touch the dirty diapers), a mask (so he doesn't puke from the smell), butt ointment, shampoo.. hmmm.. that's all I can think of right now. And attached to the belt was a poem that read:

When it's time for Diaper duty
You'll have your tools at hand
Everything you need
So mom will think you're grand.
Gloves, and mask, and tongs,
diapers, pins, and powder too.
Everything you need
For all the work you'll do!
Your Diaper Tool Belt will assure
That you do the duty right.
So that precious little baby
Will go back to sleep each night!


Then the second thing that I made for them (the box that's on the left in the pic) was a "Baby's Memory Box". I decorated a box with all kinds of cute lil baby stickers and ribbons, and inside is a notepad and a pen, with the following poem attached (this is the one that made them cry):

Baby books are great ideas,
but sometimes you're too busy.
Living with a little one
can put you in a tizzy.
Milestones pass too fast at times
to find the proper page.
So, jot a note of each event
with date or baby's age
(like "Took 3 steps on May the 1st"
or "Teething -- 5 December")
then drop it in this Memory Jar (Box)
to help you to remember!

As children grow, they learn to speak,
And have so much to say.
They crack us up and make us smile
Each and every day. All the things they do and say,
We think we will recall.
But as they age, so do we,
And we don't recall at all!
So HEAR it, WRITE it, DROP it in -
That's all you have to do,
To help remember the things they did,
And WHAT was said by WHO!




I know it's not the best picture of the belt that I made for him, but I ended up helping out at the shower once I was there, so I was running around doing some other stuff at the same time that they were opening stuff and missed the picture of him actually wearing it... dammit! LOL So there ya'll go! Ya can quit bitchin at me now! LOL

Until then...
 
posted by Melis at 2:09 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments: