29 August 2005
From the mouth of a babe...
I'm going to start this post by saying that I'm not too sure how funny this is going to sound in type, but it was hilarious at the time! Here goes...

My oldest daughter was making fun of me because I had swatted at the same dang fly probably a hundred times, and he just wouldn't die! Then I gave the fly swatter to her, and she got him on the first try. So, I grabbed the fly swatter back from her, and acted like I was going to swat her a good one. At that exact same moment, my son walked in front of me, gasped, tripped over the throw pillow that was laying on the floor and fell. We all started laughing, with my son explaining that he'd tripped, not gotten scared of me swatting him! To which this conversation transpires...

Husband: How do you trip over a pillow?
Daughter: How do you trip over a lady bug?
Husband: Who did THAT?!
Daughter: Timmy Turner!! (Cartoon Character)

I have to add in here that my husband probably watches more cartoons than my two older kids do at this point! Ok, having said that...

Me: Ummmmm, honey? We need a divorce! You're making my kids stupid!
Daughter: You mean STUPID-ER!
We all start just rolling at her comment, since she meant to say something to put my husband down, and didn't realize that she put herself down. She is laughing just as hard, right along with us! Then thinks about what she's said, and says, "Errrrrrrrrrrr, WAIT! That's not better for me..."

The things kids say!! You would think that all the times they've heard their mother say "Think before you speak!" that it would have sunk in at one point or another! The whole thing was just too funny not to write about! I'm still laughing about it!
 
posted by Melis at 12:28 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: