13 January 2006
Braggin... again! he he
Ok, I know ya'll probably don't want to hear me bragging some more.. but I just can't help myself! I don't know where this is coming from, OR how long it will last. So having said that, here's my story..

I have to tell ya'll a story from a few years ago first, for you to understand the TRUE meaning behind this. Before hubby was home for good, we did the "long distance relationship" thing for 3.5 years (I know! You still don't know the rest of that story). One of the times that he as home on leave, he was only here for a week, and the day came for me to take him to the airport... again! *pout* When I returned home, all sad, and boo-hooin, cuz, of course, I didn't have any idea WHEN I'd get to see him again, I went to make myself a pot of coffee, got up in the cupboard to get a filter, and inside the stack of filters there sat a VERY sweet loving letter saying something to the effect of; "If you're reading this, then I'm on a plane heading back to the base. I miss you so much already you have no idea....". It went on and on about how much he loved me, and how he couldn't wait for the next time he'd get to hold me in his arms, ect. AWWWWWWWWW!

Ok.. having told you THAT story. This afternoon, I layed the lil one down for her nap, and went to make myself a pot of coffee and when I got in the cupboard.... YOU GUESSED IT! This is what I found!



As I said at the beginning of this post.. I honestly don't know where this is coming from all the sudden... but I'm SURELY not complaining! he he I don't think he knows what kind of horrific withdrawls he's going to have to deal with if he suddenly makes me give this kind of thing up cold turkey after having it for two days in a row! But shhhhh... don't tell him that! lmao

Hope ya'll have a FANTABULOUS weekend!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!

 
posted by Melis at 8:13 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 8:52:00 PM, Blogger momma of 2

    OMG - he needs to write a book - how to keep your wife happy 101... the little notes are so sweet - he sounds like a great man.

     
  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Momma - I'm tellin ya.. someone has kidnapped my REAL HUSBAND.. and that IS NOT a request to return him! Psssttt.. he even picked up his socks off the floor! I about FAINTED! LMAO

     
  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 9:03:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    dang it woman..I have not got a note in years..but I guess after nearly 14 years toghter and almost 11 years of marriage...But I use to get some pretty sweet letters..

    sometimes he sends me a sweet email while at work..

    I am going to have a talk with him right this minute..I want notes too..

    I am jelous..so very jelous..haha

     
  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Christina - To make ya feel better... we've only been together for 6 years, 4 of them married, and 3 of them physically together. Feel better now???? lmao Go get him girly!!! LMAO

     
  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    Which husband boarding school did you ship him off to - these notes are great and I am very jealous! Hope he keeps up the good work :)

     
  • At Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Melis

    Al - I wish I knew! I still think my REAL hubby was abducted by aliens!! (and I hope they keep him!) shhhhhhhhh!! lmao

     
  • At Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Melis

    Chic - Oh believe me... I don't leave it all up to him! I don't do it always (or he'd know to look), but a LOT of times when I make him sandwiches for work, I put lil notes inside (Yes... INSIDE!!) his sandwiches! I also write on the bathroom mirror, and all kinds of "little things"! And there is always.. ALWAYS (even if one of us is upset with eachother) a hug, kiss, and I love you when he gets home from work. And more times than my kids would like to tell you they catch us in a hug, or silly embrace, or kiss. :) My parents are the same way.. I still think they do it just to get a rise out of us kids, and now their grandkids! lmao!!

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melis

    Chic - "Use to"?? Ya mean ya didn't just start writing him notes with mudd on 'em?? lmao