11 January 2006
Ya'll are too sweet...
Ya'll really know how to make a chic feel loved, don't ya! I want ya'll to know that I really enjoy the friendships, and stories, and laughs, and just daily bullshit that we share. I actually look forward to stopping by each of your "place", having a cup of coffee or two with ya (ya'll didn't know we did that, did ya?!) and enjoying the company of friends. It also helps to know that I'm not the only crazy woman, with a crazy family out there! LOL I found this poem, and I want to share it with ya'll. I think it applies to us, as we all, at one time or another, open up a part of ourselves, share our stories, and ask for advice. Enjoy!


"Portrait of a Friend"

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts,
Or fears. But I can listen to you, and together we will
Search for answers.

I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,
Nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.

Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine;
Yet I can share in your laughter.

Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you,
And help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship,
From your values, from me.
I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow,
Room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces
And put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are.
I can only love you and be your friend.


Thanks, again, Samantha for the tag!
 
posted by Melis at 1:15 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:39:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    that was too nice...

    I dont drink coffee, but if I did I would be sipping right along wit ya:)

    love the tag....seems you and samantha know a thinkg or two about graphics huh?..lMAO

     
  • At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Christina - will get ya a mug.. and we'll fill 'em up with some good stuff! *wink* LOL You're too funny about the graphics! She's actually the one that got me all kinds of addicted to 'em! LOL

     
  • At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Blogger Mandi

    I'd love to have coffee sometime, beep me!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger momma of 2

    I don't drink coffee (it stunts your growth & at 5'0 - well I ain't taking chances) but I'll sip my hot cocoa, or hot cider with a dash of cinnamon with you anytime. Hugs to you!

     
  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:39:00 AM, Blogger Melis

    Mandi - Beep! BEEP!!!! BEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!! Well??? WHERE ARE YA???? lol

    Chic - PUKE! Ok, that's sweet! And hubby use to do that for me as well.. until I got a little more bitchy about him leaving shit lay around! LOL

    Momma - It's a date! Oh... what's the date of our date??? Just lemme know and I'm SO THERE! :)

     
  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Melis

    Samantha - Yeah.. I remember that woosyness about ya! LOL Ok, I'll let ya have a pepsi.. now just send me the collection to fly there! *wink* And now I'm SURE the hormones are kickin in!! LMAO