07 January 2006
Repost...
I was on the phone tonite/this morning with my best friend, and this conversation we had a few months back come up. It was when I was still pretty new to "Blog Land", and it's just so touching to me that I wanted to repost it for those of you that are new, or newer readers of mine. He truely is a blessing in my life.....

06 September 2005
He made me cry



My best friend called me on the phone last nite and was telling me about a conversation that he'd had with one of his long time friends from high school. I guess I'll have to back track a little bit and explain some things about him and I first...

His wife (who he's currently going through a break up with) didn't, and wouldn't, deal with him being friends with a female, so I just couldn't call him whenever I wanted to, he would call me whenever he'd have the opportunity. There is nothing that I didn't know about him, and nothing that he didn't know about me. We could just be ourselves with eachother, as true friends should be. There wasn't anything that I couldn't say to him, and vise versa. Ok having said that...

His long time friend from high school was a female as well, and he'd never mentioned me to her before because she lived there, and he didn't want things getting back to wife that would cause problems, which I knew, understood, and was completely ok with. I would never do anything to cause him hurt, or problems in his life, just as he wouldn't me. Well, now that he's going through this break up, he told her about me, and asked her if she were married to him after knowing about me, would she have a problem with mine and his relationship (she is happily married, so it wasn't like that). She told him that she didn't think so, because he was upfront about it, ect. And he then told her that now that things are the way that they are (the breakup) that he would never be with someone that wouldn't accept our relationship, that I was just that important to him, and that he would never have it be where I couldn't call his home 24/7 for any reason.

He then makes the comment to me "I know it's not much, but I just wanted you to know that. I want you to know that you're important to me, and mean a lot to me!" That is when I had to start choking back the tears. You have to know that he is the type of guy that just doesn't get all "mushy", he doesn't make comments like that. But he also doesn't ever say something he doesn't truely mean from his heart. He has been there for me through thick and thin, happy and sad, good and bad for the past 7-8 years. He is my life best friend (second to my hubby)!! At that point I'm just silent on the phone, and he asks me if I'm still there. I choke out "yeah", and he asks me if I'm crying. I, of course, say NO! I don't cry, dammit! So, him being him, asks me if my eyes are watering. LOL

It was a touching moment, and one that I will never forget all my life! I love him to death, and miss him tons!! I wish that everyone has just as wonderful a friend!!
posted by Melis at 2:15 PM
 
posted by Melis at 2:19 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:31:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    how nice, I do have a friend like that..(she is a leisbain..haha), but she works so much we dont talk a lot...

    I wish I could find another friend like that...one with a six pack and deep voice wouldnt be bad though:)

     
  • At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him

    coolchic I will be will your friend like that..I dont really have one either..haha

    um ok missy..where the ehck is your new post...r u dead..do I need to call the national gaurd???